- A physical exam to evaluate for a breast lump. To determine whether that lump is benign, a mammogram and breast ultrasound will be ordered. If the lump is confirmed to be cancer, surgery is usually performed.
- A Pap smear is a screening procedure for cervical cancer. It tests for the presence of precancerous or cancerous cells on the cervix.
- During the routine procedure, cells from your cervix are gently scraped away and then examined for abnormal growth.
- Most women should start getting regular Pap smears at age 21 or if you are sexually active.
- A colposcopy is a type of women’s health exam. It is done if you have an abnormal Pap smear. The purpose of the exam is to get a close look at a woman’s cervix. It can detect cervical cancer at an early stage.
Gardisil 9 vaccine
- With the HPV vaccine, your child could be one less at risk for future HPV-related cancers and diseases
- In females ages 9 through 26, Gardisil 9 can help protect against cervical cancer, vulvar and vaginal cancer, anal cancer, and genital warts.
- Gardisil 9 is the only vaccine that helps protect against 9 types of HPC (Types 6, 11, 16, 18, 31, 33, 45, 52, and 58). These 9 types are responsible for the majority of HPV-related cancers and diseases.